Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Neve's tropical coloured nursery

I guess it's nursery week.

This is Neve's (now empty) nursery. We moved her in with Laney a couple of weeks ago. That transition is another story, but for now I wanted to show her nursery as is before making changes for the new baby boy.



We didn't know Neve's gender while we were pregnant. I wanted a neutral nursery that would work with a girl or a boy and since I love blue that is what I used. I tried to avoid a baby blue and used a blue that leaned more towards turquoise (Shallow Waters, can't find brand online). Mike installed the wainscoting up the two long walls and we painted them a warm white. I wish that we'd done this instead of the chair rail in Laney's nursery.


I framed a couple of pictures from a calendar my mother-in-law had given me a few years ago and I think they are very sweet. The mirror came from Home Sense. The crib and change table came from Laney's old nursery as did our antique dresser (you can see it in Laney's old nursery here.) The wall decal was a steal from Dollarama. The diaper holder was from my nursery when I was a baby.




We aren't making a lot of changes before we welcome our new addition in the spring, but I do have some things to change around. I'm looking forward to getting this room ready for baby!

Source List:

Paint-                A colour called 'Shallow Waters', brand unknown
Mirror-               Home Sense
Bookshelf-        IKEA
Map Picture-    Children Inspired Design
Curtains-          IKEA
Glider-              Babies'R'Us

No comments:

Post a Comment